knee-deep in higher learning

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Happy Birthday to You, and You, and You

We have so much to say, but are a little busy partying down these days. Half of our gaggle of a family has a birthday in the span of about five late winter weeks. The merry-making can get pretty intense.

Add to that that we have a new musical instrument in the house, and I'm getting no typing done at all! Les presento nuestro ukulele, El Opalito!


This little number was a birthday gift to myself (Happy Tax Refund!) and I have been rocking the candy shop, non-stop. Don't worry, as soon as I can get Mae to sing Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire with me, there will be videos.

Anyway, here's a little how-to morsel, to make due until I put down my abalone-inlaid ax and write something worth reading.


I'll be strumming it tonight, as we celebrate the twelve-turning of Thomas. If you are a fellow ukulele enthusiast, play along! The strings, from left to right are G, C, E, and A. The chart above tells you where to hold down each string when strumming.


No comments:

Post a Comment