knee-deep in higher learning

Thursday, October 27, 2011

365 TV-Free Activities: Treasure Map

Day 141: I decided we'd do activity # 335 today.  Henry was my ally, but you shall see, alliances among pirates were made to be broken!  

I'll take a little break from cackling madly and explain.  Henry was my loyal little henchman,following my orders to take a mysterious metal box to our local playground, hide it there, draw a map of its whereabouts, tear the map to pieces, and hide the shreds.  Meanwhile, I got Thomas, Mae, and George ready, and we headed down to the playground.  When we rejoined him, Henry played a little game of Warmer and Cooler (idea # 135: Hide It: extra credit!) to help Thomas find the map pieces, which were hidden here and there.  
 In no time, Thomas pieced the map together and figured out where to find the treasure.  X marks the spot!
 To the tree!

 He found the metal box, hidden under a weed-blocking fabric, under bark mulch.  Inside, treasures galore!  Chocolate!  Jewels!  Magic rocks! And a basket.  It made an exhilarating metal jingle when shaken.  Could it be?  Real treasure inside?

Drat!  Metal buttons!  And a cryptic note, mocking their trusting foolish ways.


And, with a loud pocketful of clanging coins, I broke out in a mad run.  Freaking out townspeople at the local playground,  Just another day in the BU.  That's Henry, hot on my heels.


He caught me!  (surprise, surprise), and managed to fish the treacherous booty out of my pocket.  He and Thomas then took it to the local grocery store and spent it on snacks and beverages.  Just like real pirates.



No comments:

Post a Comment